Our school was built shortly before the 1st World War. After 1948, all children received equal educational opportunities by law. Thus, many students from the surrounding villages attended the Elsterberg school from the 5th grade on. Subsequently, the school became a "Allgemeinbildende Polytechnische Oberschule" and was given the name "Clara Zetkin".
The school especially promoted athletic talents. After reunification, the school became a Thuringian regular school, and later a Saxon secondary school. Between 2004 and 2007, the building was renovated.
After the closure of the public school in 2007, the city managed to establish a private secondary school in the fall of 2009. From 01.01.2014 our school bears the name TRIAS Oberschule Elsterberg. The sponsor is the Society for Holistic Education (non-profit GmbH Saxony). Now 85 students in grades 5 -8 learn at TRIAS Oberschule. The name TRIAS indicates the 3 focal points of learning: Foreign languages, media and business have a particularly high priority in everyday school life.
(Vanessa Grobitzsch, then 5th grade)
For this reason, we cannot guarantee a perfect and error-free translation.